HODI HODI – BOUTIQUE BEACH HOUSES on tropical Zanzibar Island
HODI HODI – simple, elegant Swahili style with a private, casual feel.
“ONCE YOU ARRIVE, YOU WON’T WANT TO LEAVE”
“We leave shells on the beach and try to make a very light, bare footprint”
–JULIA BISHOP. Designer, creator, owner and manager of HODI HODI
We welcome you to one of our three private boutique villas, each individually designed and offering a range of sleeping options for parties of two to eighteen people.
POA BEACH HOUSE
With a cool modern look, Poa Beach House is designed for flexibility and privacy. It can be occupied either by a party of six or eight, or as three separate rooms for individual bookings (with double or twin beds). Upstairs, the family suite sleeps four, has a private rooftop sun terrace as well as its own sunset lounge-bar. Downstairs, we have private double rooms stepping straight out onto Matemwe beach.
DUA BEACH HOUSE
Meaning ‘prayer’ or ‘blessing’, Dua Beach House is built in a colonial Arabic style, allowing the sea breezes to flow through spacious cool interiors. There are two sun terraces for power-tanning, one facing the moonrise and one the sunset. An interior sunken lounge is ideal for chilling, and inside private dining can be arranged. Book the entire Dua Zanzibar beach house for a private house party of up to six people, or for a family group of eight.
TOTO BEACH HOUSE
The third mini-villa has a ground-level family suite, with a double and 3 single beds. One single shares with the double bedroom, and there are two bunks in an adjacent room. Toto Beach House is perfect for a family that needs their own space, sharing facilities with the other Hodi Hodi houses, whilst retaining privacy.
Your experience could include: Waking up to a dazzling pink sunrise coming over the Indian Ocean horizon, long leisurely lie-ins, fresh tropical fruit platters, walks along the beautiful beach – an hour to the north, or to the south, light healthy lunches, half-day boat trips watching for dolphins, an excursion to Stone Town for shopping and sightseeing, a ride to another beach for a change of scenery, poolside dinners of fresh seafood whilst gazing at the Southern Cross and Milky Way, the best night’s sleep with open windows and the sound of the waves on the distant reef and, if you are lucky – the magical full moon rise!
HODI HODI - WELCOMING FAMILY & FRIENDS
All of our villas boast comfortable beds, privacy, modern amenities and quick and effortless access to all that HODI HODI has to offer, including:
- STUNNING WHITE SANDY BEACHES
- TROPICAL GARDENS
- HONESTY BAR
- COCKTAIL POOL
- FRESH, LOCAL FOOD COOKED DAILY
- TEA & COFFEE STATION
- WARM, CALM LAGOON
- SNORKELING & DIVING NEARBY
An unforgettable ZANZIBAR BEACH HOLIDAY
A BEACHSIDE SANCTUARY for those who want to
CELEBRATE, EXPLORE & RELAX
WE CARE ABOUT YOU ...
OTHER PEOPLE ... & THE PLANET:
It’s important to us that you enjoy your stay but we are also committed to ZANZIBAR – the place and its people. This means adhering to sustainable tourism standards and where possible, we:
- Buy locally and reduce and recycle
- Get our waste collected by donkey cart
- Use water and power with care
- Leave shells on the beach, and try to make a very light, bare footprint
- Source our food from the islands
- Employ our staff and suppliers from the nearby village of Kilima Juu
- Encourage guests to bring supplies for our local primary school (this might be pens, hats or t-shirts)
- Dress demurely in the village and towns, respecting local Muslim traditions
- Provide sanitizer, hand washing and have masks available for all guests
- Follow social distancing recommendations
- Only use locally obtained materials with all building
- Honour, train, and support our staff as we would family members
- Use only ethical tours, and activity providers with strong safety policies
THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION “HODI HODI?” IS ALWAYS
“YOU ARE WELCOME – KARIBUNI”